Christopher Ambrosio brings almost a decade of real estate investment experience to the firm’s transactional practice.
Chris’s primary practice involves executing commercial transactions that involve complex business and real estate issues. Before becoming an attorney, Chris worked extensively in the private lending, real estate, and title industries. Combined with his legal experience in tax, corporate, non-profit, bankruptcy and transactional areas, Chris offers his clients a well-rounded, practical business approach to solving their problems.
- Chris is a member of the State Bar’s Real Property Section and regularly represents individuals, developers, and various groups in acquisition, disposition, development, land use, and zoning matters.
- He has recently represented land owners in connection with eminent domain actions involving both the Valencia road widening, Broadway Blvd. expansion, and SunZia transmission projects.
- Chris regularly advises non-profit entities on formation and IRS tax exempt status application issues. Has also assisted tax exempt entities navigate the unique valuation and distribution considerations that apply during dissolution.
- He successfully negotiated the purchase of real property tax liens from large investment funds, foreclosed those liens, and oversaw the financing, renovation, and sale of the resulting properties. Also have acquired, renovated, and sold of over 40 distressed bank owned properties.
- He has assisted debtors in complex Chapter 11 reorganizations and worked with indigent clients at the local legal aid’s bankruptcy clinic. His finance background has been useful in advising Bankruptcy counsel regarding mortgage and loan restructuring.
- Experience with multi-million dollar tax audits, entity tax structuring, ERISA, and general tax law has allowed Chris to maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of tax issues that are relevant to business and tax exempt clients.
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® – Real Estate Finance
- 2015 Transactional Law Meets – National Best Draft
- 2015 Western Regional Transaction Meet Winner
Chris is a member and the acting Treasurer for the Trail Riders of Southern Arizona, Inc., a non-profit that promotes safe and responsible off-highway motorcycle recreation through action and education. The club works with local, state, and national OHV organizations (AMA, BlueRibbon Coalition, Tread Lightly, National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council) and government entities (USFS, BLM, AZ. State Parks) to promote rider education and participate in land use planning and policy.
He also teaches high-performance driving techniques to new drivers with the National Auto Sport Association and competes in regional sports car racing series.