Bill solves client problems in both complex transactions and litigation, and also is a seasoned mediator and arbitrator.
Bill’s 50 years of involvement with law and legal practice, including more than 15 years as a Judge of the Arizona Court of Appeals, gives him the extensive background and experience needed to provide his clients with objective and thoughtful advice to resolve their issues.
He oversees real estate and business transactions, financing and their litigation. Bill has represented developers and builders in financing, construction, operation and sale of their products – apartments, single-family houses, condominiums and office complexes – including litigation concerning their developmental and operational stages. He also has negotiated and documented multi-million dollar property, construction, acquisition financing, property sales, business loans and complex business transactions.
Bill handles education law and civil rights defense, business entity formation, and helps individual clients with estate and succession planning. Bill has provided governmental entities legal support, including prosecuting and defending eminent domain actions.
Professional Affiliations & Bar Activities
- Admitted to practice in Arizona’s state and federal courts, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court
- Past member of the State Bar of Arizona’s Board of Governors
- Past member and President of the Pima County Bar Association’s Board of Directors
- Past member and President of the Tucson Boy’s Chorus Board of Directors
- Past member and President of the Morris K. Udall Inn of Court
- Past member of the University of Arizona’s National Alumni Board of Directors
- Past member and President, now emeritus member, of the Board of the Law College Association of the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law
- Member of the Board of Visitors of the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law
- Past member, and Chair for two years, of the Arizona Supreme Court’s Committee on Examinations
- Past judicial member, and Chair for seven years, of Arizona’s Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Past lawyer member of Arizona’s Commission on Judicial Performance Review
- Past member of the State Bar of Arizona’s Peer Review, Long Range Planning, and Legal Services Committees
- Past President of the Sabino Vista Homeowners Association
Publications & Speeches
- Various presentations to the Arizona School Boards Association, the National School Boards Association’s Council of School Attorneys, and the National Organization on Legal Problems in Education on issues of public education law
- Faculty member for State Bar of Arizona’s Professionalism course
- Presentations on Arizona appellate practice to Arizona attorneys
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the University of Arizona’s Centennial Achievement Award
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Appellate Practice, Real Estate Law) 2017, 2018