Mark Lammers is a Partner with extensive experience in all types of civil litigation.
Mark has extensive experience in the areas of business litigation, securities litigation, personal injury/wrongful death, medical and professional malpractice, dangerous products, breach of contract, insurance bad faith/wrongful denial of disability benefits and employment law. His experience in intellectual property law includes prosecuting and defending claims for patent, trademark, copyright infringement, and claims involving breaches of confidentiality agreements.
Mark started his legal career at the Pima County attorney’s office, where he prosecuted serious felonies, including serious violent crimes, white-collar crime, and forfeiture litigation. He is currently a special prosecutor for the San Carlos Apache tribe. He also defends individuals accused of serious offenses and white-collar crimes. He has represented State employees and other government officials accused of criminal acts.
Mark has litigated in state and federal courts including Arizona appellate courts and the Ninth Circuit of the Court of Appeals. Mark has also litigated many cases before various state agencies and tried many cases before arbitration panels including AAA arbitrations and arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Professional Affiliations & Bar Activities
- Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representative for the State of Arizona
- Adjunct Professor of Law at The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, 1995-present
- Member of FINRA Arbitration Panel
- Pima County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Lawyers
- Served as Superior Court Pro Tem Judge
Publications & Speeches
- Speaker, “Dissolution of a Business” at the Arizona State Bar Seminar, 2014
- Speaker, “Securities Law” at the Arizona State Bar Convention, 2005
- Speaker, “Evidence” at the Arizona Law Enforcement Academy, 1989
- Speaker at the Federal District Bar Conference, 2018
- Represented a major Jewelry business against claims brought by FTC.
- Defended clients in administrative claims brought by S.E.C. and Arizona Securities Division.
- Defended school district in discrimination cases.
- Successfully prosecuted a securities class action case against a major law firm.
- Represented a number of Plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit against a major pharmaceutical company and obtained a favorable settlement.
- Represented and obtained a very favorable settlement for a client who was severely injured as a result of the negligence of a driver of a major trucking company.
- Represents professionals in malpractice claims.
- Represents businesses in primary premises liability claims.
- Advises professionals, including medical professionals on risk management issues.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Litigation- Securities) 2018
- Super Lawyer, 2014 – 2017
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, 2016 – 2017
- Service Award, James E. Rogers College of Law, 2014
- Member of the Rotary Club, 2013-Present
- Fort Huachuca 50, 2016 – Present
- DM 50, Supporting the Airmen of Davis Monthan Airforce Base, 2016 – Present