Tim Reckart’s law practice focuses on general commercial and corporate matters, with an emphasis on the representation of emerging growth, technology-based companies, and intellectual property transactions.
He has soundly addressed legal matters pertaining to entity formation, capital structure, venture capital, private equity financing, private mergers and acquisitions, product distribution agreements, e-commerce service agreements, joint ventures and strategic alliances, compliance with securities law in private equity transactions, corporate governance, intellectual property licensing, equity-based compensation and commercial leases.
His background as in-house general counsel for a venture fund and for emerging companies particularly suits him to serve as an outside general counsel for investors and emerging companies. Tim understands how to balance commercial realities while meeting his clients’ needs.
Professional Affiliations & Bar Activities
- Certified Licensing Professional, Licensing Executive Society, 2008-present
- NAMWOLF, Intellectual Property PAC, 2014-present
- NAMWOLF, Transactional PAC, 2014-present
- Principal, Triage Masters, L.L.C.
- Member, Pima County Bar Association
Publications & Speeches
- NAMWOLF, Business Meeting 2016, “The Intersection of IP and Employment Law”
- NAMWOLF, Annual Meeting 2015, “The Paper Chase: Key Contract provisions Every Business Lawyer Should Know”
- Lecturer, James Rogers’ School of Law at the University of Arizona, Intellectual Property Transactions
- Tim’s article, “Are Royalty Structures in Hybrid Licenses about to Get Simpler?” was cited in the petitioner’s brief submitted to Kimble v. Marvel Enterprises before the U.S. Supreme Court
- Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Tillots Pharma AG Licensing Agreement for CPP-1X/Sulindac In Europe and Japan
- Drafted and negotiated clinical trial agreements for CPP’s multisite clinical trial for DFMO
- Research Corporation Technologies, Inc. and VTU Technology GmbH License and Development Services Agreement for Pichia Glycoswitch®
- Representation of a materials R&D development corporation in the negotiation of a worldwide patent and know-how license to a large metal producer for technology around new processes to produce specialty metals
- Critical Path Institute – Principal Counsel for various drug development consortia established and managed by C-PATH
- Lead counsel to a European company in establishing a U.S. based joint venture with an international optics company
- Lead counsel to a retail transaction software company in the negotiation of an acquisition of all assets
- Lead counsel to national auto parts recycling company in the negotiation of a strategic joint venture
- Principal architect for SaaS agreement templates for a national auto repair data center
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Lawyer in Intellectual Property 2015-2016
- Arizona Citizens Clean Elections Commission, Commissioner, 2011-2015
- BIOSA (Bioindustry Organization of Southern Arizona), 2014-present
- Advisory Board of the Lunar and Planetary Laboratory (LPL) of the Department of Planetary Sciences at the University of Arizona, 2013-present.
- Chicanos Por La Causa Advisory Board, Director, 1990-2008
- Tucson Regional Entrepreneurial Economic Taskforce, 2010
- CPLC Tucson Foundation, Founding Director, 2005-2007
- Ott Family YMCA Board of Directors, Director, 1995-1997
- MIT Educational Council, Alumni Interviewer, 1987–present
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, Alumni Interviewer, 2003-present
- The Loft Cinema Board of Directors, Director, 2015-present
- Tucson Regional Ballet, Performer, A Southwest Nutcracker, 1995-2009
- Tucson Regional Ballet, Performer, Cinderella, 1998 & 2009
- Thomas More Society of Southern Arizona, Vice President, Board of Directors, 2005-2006
- Michael’s Episcopal Day School, Member, Board of Governors, 1996-2002
- Saints Peter & Paul Catholic Church, CCD Teacher, 7th & 8th Grade, 1999-present
- Ambrose Church, Finance Committee, 2004-2011, and RCIA Instructor, 2009-present