“Success in business and real estate comes in many forms. My goal is to help my clients define and achieve their visions of success.”
Chris’s clients benefit not only from his skill as an attorney, but also from his first-hand investment and business experience. Before becoming an attorney, Chris provided hands-on renovation and property management for real estate investors and syndicated private loans and real estate investment deals.
Today, his practice involves helping clients overcome their business and real estate challenges and achieve their goals. With his experience in accounting, corporate, non-profit, and bankruptcy areas, Chris offers his clients a practical, business approach to solving problems.
When he’s not helping clients or spending time with family, Chris enjoys being in the garage working on dirt bikes and sports cars that he races in regional race series. He is also the acting treasurer for the Trail Riders of Southern Arizona, Inc., a non-profit that works with local and national organizations on public land use planning and policy.
Representative Real Estate Transactions and Projects
- $3.86 million industrial property purchase with an additional $1.1 million of capital improvements funded through the SBA
- Negotiate eminent domain settlements for land owners in connection with the Valencia Road widening, Broadway Boulevard expansion, and SunZia transmission projects
- $11.3 million, 3,600-acre ranch acquisition with unique conservation and water right issues
- Obtained Arizona Real Estate Commissioner Special Order of Exemption from subdivision requirements for client’s master planned development
- $10 million distressed hotel acquisition through lease with option to purchase
- Development package, zoning, and city land acquisition coordination for $14.7 million, tax credit financed, affordable housing project
- $3.2 million trustee sale of leasehold deed of trust for local bank
Representative Business Transactions and Structuring
- Collateralize $4.45 million of loans made by shareholder to corporation and coordinate shareholder rights enforcement
- Non-profit formation and qualify medical research organization for IRS tax exemption
- $11.5 million technology company asset purchase by internationally based venture fund
- Shareholder agreement and bylaw restructuring for medical practice with over 30 physicians
- $2.62 million stock repurchase for key employee shareholder
- Assist early stage startups with entity formation and structuring for preferred ownership and convertible note financing
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® – Real Estate Finance
- 2015 Transactional Law Meets – National Best Draft
- 2015 Western Regional Transaction Meet Winner
Chris is a member and the acting Treasurer for the Trail Riders of Southern Arizona, Inc., a non-profit that promotes safe and responsible off-highway motorcycle recreation through action and education. The club works with local, state, and national OHV organizations (AMA, BlueRibbon Coalition, Tread Lightly, National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council) and government entities (USFS, BLM, AZ. State Parks) to promote rider education and participate in land use planning and policy.
He also teaches high-performance driving techniques to new drivers with the National Auto Sport Association and competes in regional sports car racing series.