Bill solves client problems in both complex transactions and litigation, and also is a seasoned mediator and arbitrator.
For more than 50 years, Bill’s involvement with law and the legal practice, including more than 15 years as a Judge of the Arizona Court of Appeals, gives him the extensive background, knowledge, and experience needed to provide his clients with objective and thoughtful advice to resolve their issues on the trial and appellate level.
He handles real estate and business transactions, their financing and any related litigation. Bill has represented developers and builders in financing, construction, operation and sale of their products – apartments, single-family houses, condominiums and office complexes – including related litigation. He also has negotiated and documented multi-million dollar property construction, acquisition financing, business loans and complex business transactions.
Bill handles education law and civil rights defense, business entity formation, and helps individual clients with estate and succession planning. Bill has provided governmental entities legal support, including advising governing boards on a myriad of legal issues, and prosecuting and defending eminent domain actions. He is a knowledgeable, thoughtful, and experienced mediator and arbitrator.
Professional Affiliations & Bar Activities
- Member of AAA Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Member of FINRA Arbitration Panel
- Admitted to practice in Arizona’s state and federal courts, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court
- Past member of the State Bar of Arizona’s Board of Governors
- Past member and President of the Pima County Bar Association’s Board of Directors
- Past member and President of the Tucson Boy’s Chorus Board of Directors
- Past member and President of the Morris K. Udall Inn of Court
- Past member of the University of Arizona’s National Alumni Board of Directors
- Past member and President, now emeritus member, of the Board of the Law College Association of the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law
- Member of the Board of Visitors of the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law
- Past member, and Chair for two years, of the Arizona Supreme Court’s Committee on Examinations
- Past judicial member, and Chair for seven years, of Arizona’s Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Past lawyer member of Arizona’s Commission on Judicial Performance Review
- Past member of the State Bar of Arizona’s Peer Review, Long Range Planning, and Legal Services Committees
- Past President of the Sabino Vista Homeowners Association
Publications & Speeches
- Various presentations to the Arizona School Boards Association, the National School Boards Association’s Council of School Attorneys, and the National Organization on Legal Problems in Education on issues of public education law
- Faculty member for State Bar of Arizona’s Professionalism course
- Presentations on Arizona appellate practice to Arizona attorneys
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the University of Arizona’s Centennial Achievement Award
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Mediation, and Real Estate Law) 2017 – 2020
- Martindale Hubble® AV Preeminent Rated