John D’Antico is an experienced member of the firm’s IP Transactional Practice Group, assisting business clients with sophisticated technology transactions and technology needs.
John is also a member of the firm’s Business and Corporate Transactions Practice Group, as well as experienced in construction, IT, and patent law.
John has over 20 years of experience counseling businesses and companies (including individual inventors, entrepreneurs, family-run companies, and multi-national Fortune 50 companies) in their strategic uses of business, technology, and the law to accomplish clients’ business and technology objectives.
John is a seasoned professional, having worked both in-house and in private practice. He has served as IT Counsel, Chief IP Counsel, and General Counsel to various companies, and he brings a hands-on approach to serving his clients. John has a knack for understanding big picture objectives while simultaneously focusing on the details of a transaction. He is also experienced as a registered US patent attorney and served in the US Navy.
Professional Affiliations & Bar Activities
- ABA (American Bar Association)
- AIPLA (America Intellectual Property Law Association)
- WIPLA (Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association)
- LES (Licensing Executive Society)
Presentations & Publications
- John H. D’Antico et al., “Intellectual Property in Wisconsin, The Right to Control Publicity,” Author, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2016
- Door County IP Academy, Programming Chair & Presenter, 2006 – 2012
- WIPLA, Programing Chair & Presenter, 2004 – 2007
- Quick Primer on Chinese Patent Law, Author, 2004
- Primer on US IP Law Protections, Author, 2003
Other Professional Experience
- Private Practice, 2017 – present
- Principal Corporate Counsel, Information Technology, Rockwell Collins, Inc., 2016 – 2017
- General Counsel & VP of Legal Affairs, Ryan & Associates, Inc., 2014 – 2016
- General Counsel, Infinity Lawn & Garden, Inc., 2012 – 2014
- Chief IP Counsel, Shuffle Master, Inc., 2011 – 2012
- Senior IP Counsel, GE Healthcare, 2005 – 2010
- Private Practice, 1999 – 2005
- Door County IP Academy, 2006 – 2012
- WIPLA, 2004 – 2007