Patricia Waterkotte has over 15 years of experience litigating in Arizona and California.
Patricia practiced for many years with an international law firm in Los Angeles representing clients all over California and Arizona. She then joined Rusing Lopez & Lizardi as a Partner continuing her multi-state practice in these areas:
- Education: represents school districts and universities.
- Employment: disputes involving CEO, ownership and/or employee separation.
- Financial: represents local and national banks, auto-title lenders and vehicle financers in commercial disputes, including FDCPA, FCRA, TILA and RESPA.
- Insurance: defends insurance companies against bad faith, fraud and other tort claims.
- Products & Warranty: focuses on defense of vehicle manufacturers but also manufacturers of machine parts, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, generators, etc., as well as toxic tort including asbestos and beryllium.
- Real Estate: represents real estate agents, homeowners, HOAs, board members, developers, buyers/sellers in residential and commercial sales.
Professional Affiliations and Bar Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- Pima County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Notre Dame Alumni Association of Los Angeles
- Notre Dame Women Connect
- Morris K. Udall Inn of Court
Publications & Speeches
- Speaker, “CLE: No Room For Trial & Error”, American Honda Motors Co., Inc. (2021)
- Co-author, DRI For the Defense, Trial Tactics: “Don’t Blame the System: The Myth of One Truth”, 54 No. 9 DRI For Def. 56 (2012) http://www.arc4adr.com/articles-kanazawa-myth-of-one-truth.pdf
- Speaker, “Enforcing Judgments Workshop”, McGuireWoods LLP, Los Angeles (2009)
- Speaker, “Impact of Electronic Discovery and Internet Use in the Workplace”, Klinedinst PC Employment Law Symposium, San Diego (2007)
- Obtained summary judgment on design defect and warranty claims on $2 million dollar claim against machine part manufacturer.
- Participated on litigation team that secured complete defense verdict in Federal District Court for the Southern District of California on behalf of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Negotiated and obtained a favorable settlement between international machine part supplier and local purchaser.
- Representation of owner of commercial donation centers in lease dispute resulting in favorable settlement for the client.
Honors & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2012 – 2013, 2015 – 2020
- Tucson’s 40-under-40 Award, Recipient, 2015
- Named a “future star” by Benchmark Litigation’s annual guide of the top firms and attorneys in the United States, 2015
- Chair of the Junior Achievement of Arizona Southern District Board of Directors
- Past Chair of the Board Engagement Committee, 2016 – 2017
- Past Chair of the Board Development Committee, 2018 – 2020
- Past Vice Chair, 2018 – 2020
- Board Member 2014 – present
- Junior Achievement of Arizona State Board
- Past Chair of the Audit Committee, 2017 – 2019
- Board Member 2016 – present
- Angel Charity for Children, Inc., 2016 – present
- Pima County Teen Court