Patricia Waterkotte is a Partner and practices in the area of Civil Litigation.
She represents local businesses in contract disputes and national corporations that have been sued in Arizona or California state and federal courts. She is an experienced litigator in the areas of financial services, education, real estate, product liability, and insurance.
Within her financial services practice, she has represented banks in commercial disputes and wrongful foreclosure actions, and for alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act.
Her education practice includes the representation of school districts on a variety of issues, including civil rights.
Representative real estate actions include disputes over appropriate disclosures in residential and commercial property sales, Homeowners Association disputes and representation of both homeowners and Board Members.
Patricia’s vast products liability experience involves engines, vehicles, machine parts, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, space heaters, water heaters, generators, and gas ranges.
She has also defended insurance agents and life insurance companies in bad faith actions and handled a wide variety of insurance issues for her clients.
Professional Affiliations and Bar Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- Pima County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Notre Dame Alumni Association of Los Angeles
- Notre Dame Women Connect
- Morris K. Udall Inn of Court
Publications & Speeches
- Co-author, “The Myth of ‘One Truth’,” For The Defense, September 2012
- Speaker, “Enforcing Judgments Workshop” at McGuireWoods LLP, 2009
- Speaker, “The Impact of Electronic Discovery and Internet Use in the Workplace,” Klinedinst PC Employment Law Symposium, November 7, 2007
- Obtained summary judgment on design defect and warranty claims on $2 million dollar claim against machine part manufacturer.
- Participated on litigation team that secured complete defense verdict in Federal District Court for the Southern District of California on behalf of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Negotiated and obtained a favorable settlement between international machine part supplier and local purchaser.
- Representation of owner of commercial donation centers in lease dispute resulting in favorable settlement for the client.
Honors & Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2012 – 2013, 2015 – 2020
- Tucson’s 40-under-40 Award, Recipient, 2015
- Named a “future star” by Benchmark Litigation’s annual guide of the top firms and attorneys in the United States, 2015
- Junior Achievement of Arizona Southern District Board of Directors, 2014 – present
- Chair, Board Engagement Committee, 2016 – 2017
- Chair, Board Development Committee, 2018 – present
- Board Vice Chair, 2018 – present
- Junior Achievement of Arizona State Board, 2016 – present
- Chair, Audit Committee, 2017 – present
- Angel Charity for Children, Inc., 2016 – present