Pat Lopez heads the firm’s transactions practice, encompassing a wide array of legal services utilized by business clients.
He has nearly 40 years of experience in counseling and assisting businesses, entrepreneurs, lenders, and developers to reach their goals, solve their problems, and implement their business plans. His major areas of emphasis are real estate, lending and finance, and business transactions.
Pat believes in helping clients achieve their goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. He works diligently to better understand clients’ goals, objectives, and needs. He excels in reaching agreement on issues such as financing, entitlements, regulatory approvals, and deal terms.
Pat regularly assists with issues related to the structure of a transaction, addressing legal hurdles, financing requirements, entity formation, and tax structure. He has been repeatedly recognized by Southwest Super Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America® and has received a Preeminent AV Peer Review Rating through Martindale Hubbell®.
Professional Affiliations & Bar Activities
- State Bar of Arizona: Sections on Real Property, Securities Regulation, Business Law, Taxation, International Law; Faculty, Professionalism Program, 1993-1995 and 2003; Member, Board of Legal Specialization, 1989-1995; Real Property Council, 1992-1995
- Pima County Bar Association, Member
- Community Advisory Board, Bank of America Arizona, 1993-1996
- Arizona State College of Law: Adjunct Professor, 1987-1988
- University of Arizona College of Law: Adjunct Professor, 1992-1994 and 2014-2015
Publications & Speeches
- “Selling or Buying an Arizona Business; Structuring, Drafting and Negotiating the Definitive Agreement and Related Documents,” State Bar of Arizona 75th Annual Convention, June 2008
- “Fundamentals of Real Estate Development; The End Game,” Sterling Education Services, Inc., May 2006
- “Conservation Easements,” Southern Arizona Estate Planning Council, March 2004
- “Course on Professionalism,” State Bar of Arizona, May 2003
- “Ethics and the Real Estate Lawyer: Conflicts of Interest, Full Disclosure, Imputed Disqualification and defending an Ethics Violation Charge, State Bar of Arizona,” ABC’s of Real Estate Seminar, October 2000
Honors & Awards
- 2015 Father of the Year
- 2010 Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Business Man of the Year
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Real Estate Law, Banking and Finance Law, and Corporate Law)
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Real Estate Law, One of Top 50 Lawyers in Arizona in Inaugural Edition
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated (Highest Available Rating) by Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Chamber’s List of Leading American Lawyers
- Red Book, Recognized Bond Counsel
- The First Tee, Tucson (Tucson Conquistadores Youth Golf Fund): Board Member 2008-2014
- Diocese of Tucson School Board: President 2004-2010
- Arizona Land and Water Trust, formerly Arizona Open Land Trust: Board Member 2000-present
- School Board Salpointe Catholic High School: Vice Chair 2014-2015; Member 2009-present
- Member, Board of Directors of Our Faith Our Hope Our Future Charitable Foundation, 2007-present
- Board of Directors of CTSO Scholarship Foundation, 2009-present
- Salpointe High School Annual Golf Tournament Committee, Chairman 1993-1994 and 2003-2004; Member 1995-present
- Perimeter Bicycling Association, a non-profit charitable organization and sponsor of “El Tour de Tucson” Bicycle Ride: Advisor and Board Member 1995-present
- Chicanos por la Causa (Tucson Division), a non-profit community development corporation: Board of Directors, 1990-present