Rob joins RL&L as an Associate in our Litigation Department.
Prior to joining RL&L, Rob practiced with one of the oldest law firms in Phoenix, where he worked on matters for Fortune 500 companies, sole proprietorships, and everything in-between. Rob’s practice consists of a wide range of complex commercial litigation, employment matters and major injury defense. Rob has experience working with the mining, entertainment, transportation, construction, financial, and farming industries, and has represented plaintiffs and defendants in matters including breach of contract, wrongful termination, fraud, and negligence.
While in law school at Arizona State University, Rob was active on the moot court teams and represented the school at international competitions in Austria, Mexico, Hong Kong, and San Diego; in Hong Kong, Rob finished 7th overall in individual speaker scores from more than 250 speakers and his team was the Top Team from North America. Rob was a Pedrick Scholar in law school, a Research Editor for the Arizona State Law Journal, and a Teaching Assistant for Legal Method & Writing and Legal Advocacy courses.
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- “EEOC Helps Employers Navigate Employing Persons With Underlying Health Conditions During The COVID-19 Pandemic,” Ryley Carlock & Applewhite Legal Alert, May 2020
- “EEOC Issues Guidance On Testing Employees For COVID-19,” Ryley Carlock & Applewhite Legal Alert, April 2020
- “Department of Labor Clarifies Families First Coronavirus Response Act Leave Requirements for Employers ,” Ryley Carlock & Applewhite Legal Alert, April 2020
- “Legal Alert: National Labor Relations Board Modifies Obama-Era Quickie Election Rules for Fairer Process,” Ryley Carlock & Applewhite, December 2019
- DYHA Jr. Sun Devils
- Fluent in French
Born and raised in Canada, Rob worked as a border guard for the Canada Border Services Agency while pursuing his undergraduate degree in International Business. In his spare time, Rob can be found coaching youth ice hockey with the DYHA Jr. Sun Devils, hiking with his rescue beagle, Rocky, or travelling with his wife, Christabel.