Jonathan Saffer’s practice has concentrated in all aspects of commercial litigation, finance and business law.
Mr. Saffer has represented local and national businesses, banks and other lending institutions, commercial loan servicers, fiduciaries and business debtors in a variety of forums, including state and federal court, arbitration and administrative proceedings, bankruptcy and state court receivership proceedings. Mr. Saffer has extensive trial experience including civil trials in federal and state court, as well as contested matters and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy court. Mr. Saffer advises banks and other lending institutions in all phases of commercial finance matters; and represents several businesses in matters ranging from intellectual property to franchise.
Mr. Saffer has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law and instructed students in trial practice and bankruptcy litigation.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Federal Bar Association
- Pima County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Judicial Clerk for Hon. Eileen Hollowell
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, Judicial Intern for Hon. Roslyn O. Silver
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, Judicial Intern for Hon. Stephen M. McNamee
- Former Partner at Snell & Wilmer LLP
- Corporate and Real Estate Dispute
- Bankruptcy & Reorganization
- Creditor’s Rights, Receivership & Insolvency
- Franchise Litigation
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2013-2021)
- Southwest Super Lawyers ®Rising Stars, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2013).
Prior to entering law school, Jon played professional minor league baseball in the Montreal Expos’ organization from 1992 – 1998. He enjoys cycling, skiing, and coaching youth sports.