Robert J. Lloyd
Robert J. Lloyd has practiced law for 43 years.
The majority of Lloyd’s practice has focused on corporate, securities and tax law. He has represented publicly traded clients and served as counsel to corporate boards of directors of public entities. Adding to the depth of his experience and legal skills, Lloyd spent 8 years as the General Counsel for publicly traded clients in the mining industry.
- 25 years of continuous representation of several insurance carriers sponsored by a state municipal association. Prepared, submitted, obtained and maintained the tax-exempt status of the insurers (IRC Sec 115), attended and advised at every board of directors or committee meeting regarding maintenance of the tax status in operations and all matters regarding governance.
- Served several terms as an adjunct professor of corporate taxation at the University Of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center).
- Represented the board of trustees established by a state legislature to administer retirement and other benefits for members of the judiciary (Supreme and Superior Courts). Prepared, submitted, obtained and maintained its tax exempt status (qualified plan) and attended all trustee meetings and advised on all governance matters.
- Represented two publicly held companies traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) and TSX. Attended every shareholder, board and committee meeting and served as the primary legal advisor on all governance matters. Mr. Lloyd also served as an officer of both companies and a director of one of them
- Northeast Catholic College, New Hampshire, Chairman & Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Sacred Heart Apostolate, New York, Board of Directors, member